Terms, Cancellation and Refund Policy
-We are trustworthy and honor our commitments-
San Francisco Private Tours started in 2004 with the same philosophy we follow today – focused on serving our valuable customers and visitors unconditionally.
As part of our customer commitment, all our clients are entitled to get refunds for any and all tours and travel services book through us directly according to these terms and refund policy as stated below:
- 91% of the total purchase will be refunded if the required travel package or tour is cancelled at least 15 days prior to the scheduled date of the tour or service.
- Please note 9% covers the required transaction fees, that’s 4.5 % per transaction. In other words, when booking a tour, we have to pay credit cards and merchant services 4.5% of the total amount and the same amount when refunding a credit card or purchase as this is also considered as a transaction.
- 50% of the total amount will be refunded if the trip is canceled at least 7 business days prior to the scheduled tour or service.
- 15% of the total amount will be refunded if the tour is canceled at least 6 business days prior to the scheduled tour (week-ends and holidays don’t count).
- 0% of the total amount will be refunded if the tour is canceled 4 business days or less prior to the day of the scheduled tour or service. This includes no-shows. (Week-ends and holidays don’t count).
- Refund Fees: There is a charge for each transaction when wanting a refund. This charge will vary from 4.5% to 7.9% per transaction depending on the type of credit card you used to make the transaction and the country where the credit card was issued. This charge covers the credit card transaction fees that your credit card company charged Golden Horizon Travel when you made the reservation on our website and includes the required merchant processing fees associated with your credit card company. This policy applies on all refunds as well, regardless of the amount or the date of the refund.
All overnight tours (with or without hotel accommodations) require at least a 19-day advance notice of cancellation to Golden Horizon Travel. All sales are final for last-minute booking (defined as made within 0-4 business days prior to the scheduled tour.)
- All tours and/or travel packages that may or may not include flying (i.e. airplane, hot-air balloon) or riding a train are non-refundable.
- All Alcatraz, Safari, Horseback tours, rafting, balloon rides and Hearst Castle tickets are non-refundable.
- Each tour and/or webpage is governed by terms and conditions relating to each tour/webpage or by the tour voucher(s), which are given to you by the Golden Horizon Travel office after booking your tour online.
- Currency: All transactions are in United States Dollars (USD)
- Please note that if a transaction is declined, the reservation for the tour is not confirmed and we do not have the information or the inquiry. If you do not receive an email from our Merchant account (email@example.com) shortly after making the reservation on our website, please start over with a different credit card, ensure you do provide the extract bank and billing address information including the zip code (postal code) of your credit or contact us directly for further assistance. Approved transactions do not guarantee your tour(s) as all reservations are subject to availability. Popular tours like Alcatraz and Yosemite require at least 12 weeks reservation in advance from April to October.